Research Engineer – Microfabrication (Ref.12.19.43)
The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory – INL (http://www.inl.int), was founded under an international legal framework to perform interdisciplinary research and to deploy and articulate nanotechnology for the benefit of society. INL aims to become the world-wide hub for nanotechnology addressing society’s grand challenges in Ageing & Wellbeing and Mobility & Urban Living and developing a Safe & Secure Society.
INL is seeking a highly-qualified, self-motivated Microfabrication Engineer to reinforce the Nanoelectronics Engineering Department with a focus on Magnetic tunnel junction device fabrication.
Job Role & Key Responsibilities
As a Microfabrication Engineer you will take on a key role within the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the production of MTJ sensor wafers (200mm) integrated in running industrial contracts;
- Participate in a continuous effort to improve the existing microfabrication process. To this end, the candidate will be responsible of running test lots where specific process steps will be optimized aiming at improving key process metrics, either by reducing the dispersion of parameters extracted at device level or improving the key figure of merit of devices optimized for specific applications;
- Take responsibility for tasks related with the performance monitoring of specific tools and associated service operations;
Applicants should meet the following mandatory requirements:
- A Master degree in Physics, Physical Engineering, Materials Science, Electronics, or other relevant subject is required;
- Previous hands-on experience on processing TMR or GMR devices or equivalent, including if possible deposition tools.
- Previous hands-on experience in the operation of mask aligners for the production of features down to ~1-5 µm;
The work plan will be developed at the INL under the scientific guidance of Dr. Paulo Freitas. The successful candidate will be integrated in the Nanodevices group from the Department of Nanoelectronics Engineering.
Duration of the contract:
The total duration of the employment contract shall be 48 months and may be renewed based on the performance of the individual and the duration of the project. The expected starting date is February 2020.
General Eligibility conditions, required qualifications and expertise:
Candidates must comply with the following requirements:
- Hold a Master or PhD Degree within the field of the selected vacancy;
- Be a Portuguese citizen, a European Union citizen or a non-European Union Citizen with a scientific and professional curriculum that demonstrates an appropriate profile for the activity to be performed;
- Fluency in English is required.
Candidates must enclose the following supporting documents in pdf format, failing which the application will not be considered:
(a) Cover letter in English;
(b) Curriculum Vitae in English;
(c) Official transcripts of all relevant academic degrees.
How to apply:
The application is made online. Please click on the ‘Apply for this job’ button.
For the application to be valid, the candidate must complete all required sections of the online application form as well as submit all required documents.
The documents must be submitted through the online platform Jobvite, in the “additional files” section using the “add portfolio” icon that appears in the application form.
What we offer:
- Social Security costs to be paid by INL;
- Work Accidents insurance costs to be paid by INL, to provide coverage for work accidents and invalidity benefits;
- Health insurance with excellent coverage;
- Tax Benefit: The personnel working at the International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory are exempt from national income taxes so the only deduction from their part of the salary will be 11 % for social security and 12% for an internal tax;
- A family allowance of 160€/month for staff members that are married or that are living under the status of “common-law couple” and/or have any dependent child;
- A child allowance of 200€/month for each dependent child;
- Free Nursery Service at INL campus (subject to availability);
- Support for Education fees of dependent children;
- Depending on the place of residence, INL covers 100% of travel expenses for all family members.
If your application is successful and you accept our offer of employment, you will receive the employment agreement and all other relevant documents. If you are relocating, you will be given assistance by the HR Office.
If Your Application is Not Successful
We highly value the interest shown from applicants wishing to become a part of the INL experience. It is important for us to maintain good communications with candidates. No matter the outcome of the application, we always send the applicant an answer.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle:
INL promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of any duties based on their ancestry, age, sex, sexual preference, marital status, family and economic conditions, instruction, origin or social conditions, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, origin territory, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
Enquires should be made to: email@example.com.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.
Type of contract: Limited duration
Research Centre: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory – INL
Number of vacancies: 1
Duty Station: Braga, Portugal
Career Stage: Master/PhD degree
Open date for applications: December 10th 2019
Closing date for applications: January 1st 2020, 23:00 Lisbon Time